Information on Cookies

To make the best use of our website, you'll need to make sure your web browser is set to accept cookies to ensure you receive the best experience.

For further information, go to our Policies page.

| 01509 279169

Phone CPL Training

01509 279169

Show Navigation Menu
Skip Navigation Links
Premises Icon


Licence Applications

Instant booking
Instant booking

Book in an

You can still gain your personal licence with CPL.

In light of the on-going situation with coronavirus (COVID-19), we have decided to postpone our face-to-face courses. However, you can still complete your training and gain your qualification with a fully online experience. Choose your course from the selection below, and we will do the rest.

Service Plan

The cost of the CPL premises licence application service is £1,150 plus VAT. We will ask you for this fee before we commence the process, but disbursements will be invoiced as we move forward with the application process.

The disbursements involved are:

  • Council licence application fee – this varies according to the rateable value of your premises. Most premises are in Band A or Band B. the council fee for Band A is £100 and for Band B premises it is £190.
  • The application for a new licence must be advertised in a local newspaper. Costs vary, but between £200 and £300 is typical.
  • You will also need a licensing plan to accompany the application, we can get this done for you at a cost of approximately £200 (depending on size of premises). Alternatively you can provide them yourself so long as they meet the set requirements.

You should budget for a total cost of approximately £1,700 for an uncontested premises licence application.


A premises licence is required for any premises from which ‘licensable activities’ are conducted. Licensable activities are: the retail sale of alcohol (for consumption on or off the premises), the provision of regulated entertainment and late night refreshment. It is only if your premises include the retail sale of alcohol that you will also need to have one or more personal licence holders to supervise and authorise sales. Premises licence applications are made to the local council in whose area the premise is situated.

  • CPL takes your instructions and completes the application forms and submits the application to your local council for your premises licence.
  • CPL copies-in 9 ‘responsible authorities’ (e.g., police and fire authority) with your premises licence application.
  • CPL places advertisement of the application in local newspaper and provides you with the notice to be displayed on your premises.
  • We correspond with responsible authorities and agree any conditions for grant with them and with you.
  • When your premises licence is granted, you can start selling alcohol.

Who Should Apply for a Premises Licence?

Anyone who intends to operate premises where licensable activities take place. Where alcohol is to be sold this will include pubs, bars, nightclubs, restaurants, hotels, off licences, convenience stores and supermarkets. A premises licence can be held by a person or by a limited company.

For further information or to make a Premises Licence Application please click on 'Enquire Now' to the right of the screen, fill out our simple form and we will be back in touch very shortly. Alternatively, please call 01509 279169 to speak with a member of our team.

Other Licences

Licence Application

Please complete all mandatory fields below:

Title: * 
First Name: * 
Surname: * 
Address Line 1: * 
Address Line 2: * 
Address Line 3:
Town or City: * 
County: * 
Postcode: * 
Contact Number: * 
Email: * 
Why are you purchasing this service?

Once we receive your form we will send out your application pack which will include full instructions of what we need from you.

Instant Booking

Request Callback

Request Callback

Step 1 Name 

Step 2 Company 

Step 3 Telephone    

Step 4 Email    

Step 5 Comments